Next available excursion will be in Summer 2019!
Lesja Museum is a historic site museum located in a unique wilderness area in Norway, surrounded by Reinheimen National Park in South, and Dovrefjell National Park in North. Learn more about the area’s wildlife, culture and heritage.
Combine the best of Romsdalen in one tour: A ride on the beautiful Rama Line, a visit to a real gem; Lesja Museum, and a photostop by the foot of Trollveggen mountain.
Enjoy a fantastic bus drive through the beautiful Romsdalen valley, where you get a photostop by the foot of Trollveggen. Your destination is Lesja Museum, nestled in one of the greatest national park districts of Norway. On this excursion you will join a guided tour in the old Lesja Church, famous for its wood carvings. The tour includes the entrance to Lesja Museum, where you get a glimpse of the everyday life on the mountain farms through centuries. Lesja Museum is an open air museum housing 12 buildings from the 18th and 19th century and portrays local inland culture, working life and living conditions from this time. The modern museum building contains a new exhibition about this area’s nature and environment, and you can learn about hunting traditions, flora and fauna in this unique wilderness area.
This is an organized roundtrip by bus and train, but without no tour guide on the transport legs. The bus driver and train conductor will take good care of the group on board. At Lesja you will be warmly welcomed by the staff, and they will organize a guided tour for you in the old Lesja Church.
- Bus tour one way, and a scenic train ride on the Rauma Line the other way through Romsdalen valley.
- A photostop at Trollveggen.
- The entrance to Lesja Museum, including a visit to the modern exhibition and the open air museum.
- A guided tour in Lesja Church.
Please note that there is no food included on the tour, but it is possible to buy traditional Norwegian food at the Museum.
The tour will be offered as either tour 1 or tour 2.
Tour Alternative 1 – Starting with train from Åndalsnes
- Departure with train from Åndalsnes at 09.30
- Arrival Lesja Museum at 10:50
- Departure from Lesja Museum with bus at 13:30
- Photostop by the foot of Trollveggen at 14:40
- Departure from Trollveggen at 15:05
- Arrival in Åndalsnes at 15:15
Tour Alternative 2 – Starting with bus from Åndalsnes
- Departure with bus from Åndalsnes at 10:30
- Photostop by the foot of Trollveggen at 10:45
- Departure from Trollveggen at 11:05
- Arrival Lesja Museum at 12:40
- Departure from Lesja Museum with bus to Lesja train station at 14:00
- Rauma Line from Lesja train station at 14:18
- Arrival in Åndalsnes at 15:30