Join one of our local guides from Friluftslek to Mannen right next to Trollveggen. Use the opportunity to be guided from a local guide who’s got plenty of experience in the mountains!
The tour includes bus from Åndalsnes center to Trollstigen and back, and also guiding and story telling all the way.
We start the hike on top of Trollstigen, next to a water called Alnesvannet. Further on the guide leads you through slight terrain. Before you reach the top there are some rocky and steep parts leading you towards the final destination: Mannen. The mountain is called “The Man” because of its funny looks. In Norway he is gotten quite famous because of the danger that he might fall down – therefore you will see a lot of modern equipment for measuring the movements of the mountain when you get on top. This is not it: there is of course also a wonderful view towards Romsdalshorn, Trollveggen and the Romsdalen Valley with the Rauma river!
- Good footwear (early in the season there can be some glaciers on the way)
- Enough to eat and drink (we recommend not to drink the water in the area, because of grazing sheep)
- Respect that it is mandatory to keep your dog on a leash
- Bring some extra clothing in case of changing weather
- Buy a map of the area before departure.